Premera Blue Cross Sr. Account Specialist (Alaska Market) in Anchorage, Alaska
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a* Sr. Account Specialistfor the *Alaska Management & Sales team, you will provide support to the account management team for sales, retention and maintenance of large and complex accounts while providing world-class customer service.
What you’ll do:
- Provide essential day-to-day service directly with employers and producers
- Manage all system configuration and new business and renewal implementation activities for large and complex accounts.
- Research and resolve all account issues in a timely manner.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with the customer.
What you’ll bring:
- Associates degree or two years’ work experience
- Five (5) years of work experience including:
- Three (3) years of insurance industry experience including benefits administration, enrollment and/or account structure experience
- Five (5) years customer service experience
- Possess or obtain within 60 days Agent's license and appointed with Office of Insurance Commissioner.
- Insurance industry experience and health benefits knowledge strongly preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus!
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast paced / high volume work environment.
- Ability to learn and navigate technical programs quickly.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Sr. Account Specialist (Alaska Market)
Job ID: 11640
Location: Anchorage, AK
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.