Premera Blue Cross Customer and Digital Experience Design Researcher in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
The Customer Experience Design Researcher will conduct design research that will improve the experience for Premera’s customers. This position requires experience in user research, analysis, synthesis, and project management. The role will collaborate with teams across the company. The role will collaborate with teams across the company to identify research goals, collect data, and develop insights. Design researchers present design research to a range of audiences, such as implementation teams as well as executives.
What you’ll do
- Develop and document research processes.
- Provide coaching and training of design research methods to internal teams.
- Identify, select, and form the right team(s) to effectively carry out projects.
- Facilitate collection of internal and external research using variety of methods, tools, and resources.
- Translate research findings into insights and design principles that optimize product and process design.
- Create ideas based on research.
- Evaluate design ideas through lab, field, and online studies.
- Design holistic experiences with detailed process flows.
- Evaluate post-implementation of projects and their effect on the customer experience
- Identify, establish, and measure customer-centered experience benchmarks
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Background in quantitative and qualitative customer research methodologies, analysis, and synthesis processes to interpret customer insights for the development of experiences and products
- Demonstrated process development and project management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (including verbal, written, and visual).
- Ability to work directly with customers, providers, and partners in a sensitive, ethical, and brand-appropriate way.
Ideally you’ll also bring
- Experience conducting user research in a range of channels (web, mobile, non-digital) and with a range of audiences (B2C and B2B).
- Master's degree in human centered design and engineering, human computer interaction, interaction design, or a related area
- Two (2) years of experience in a customer or user experience research and/or design strategy role.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Customer and Digital Experience Design Researcher
Job ID: 11565
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.