Premera Blue Cross Data Analyst II in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Data Analyst II for our Knowledge Management Consultingdepartment, you will have the opportunity to support one or more of Premera’s Fortune 500 clients. Acting as a “concierge analyst”, you will consult with customers to better understand their business needs; gather and analyze data, and present findings in a clear and effective manner. As a new addition to Knowledge Management team, you will have the opportunity to help define the scope and strategy of this new and evolving position.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, identify and define business requirements associated with the project objectives
- Respond to updated business requirements and maintain the data to be readily accessed by business professionals
- Provide consultation to sales partners regarding the meaning of technical information and how to best utilize the information for customers' needs
- Partner cross-functionally to gather, analyze, and interpret employer groups’ data to deliver analytic solutions
- Extract data, maintain/enhance existing reports
- Use Tableau and other analytical platforms to build new reporting and analysis solutions
- Develop automated programs to retrieve data from various backend data sources
- Keep pace with emerging technologies to meet the demands and needs of the business
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years’ work experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in a complex software/systems analysis and development environment
- Experience with SQL
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Tableau, SSRS, other reporting platforms, and/or Python helpful
- Experience with reporting and data processing in a health plan or healthcare delivery system environment is a plus!
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Data Analyst II
Job ID: 11548
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.