Premera Blue Cross Inserter Room Specialist in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As an* Inserter Room Specialist,*you will prepare and mail automated documents in compliance with the United State Postal Service. This role functions as a consultant for the design and implementation of electronically generated mailings.
What you’ll do
- Weight and calculate postage amounts for all outgoing automated mail for the company, operating appropriate equipment and ensuring that maximum postage discounts are earned
- Operate specialized equipment to prepare computer-generated billings, statements, checks, or other items as needed
- Perform periodic quality checks to assure compliance with USPS regulations
- Prioritize and complete daily jobs to meet established standards
- Perform periodic quality checks to assure accurate and timely delivery
- Complete and or maintain reports, logs, files, and forms needed by management and outside agencies such as the Post Office
- Participate in team decision-making related to department goals and efficiency improvement
- Act as an information resource to internal and external inquirers
- Complete special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- High School diploma or GED required
- Two years’ work experience required
- Detail oriented and the ability to multi-task in a high production environment
- Strong specialized or technological knowledge and skill
- Ability to think outside the box
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Knowledge of USPS regulations related to 1st class presorts and bulk standard mail
- PC skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft applications
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
The Inserter Room is a loud, production machine environment which requires that hearing protection be worn while equipment is in operation.
Work is performed within a production environment with ambient or variant temperatures
Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds or a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distractions
Physical Requirements: The following have been identified as essential physical requirements of this job and must be performed with or without an accommodation:
Ability to push and pull up to 70 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to stand for the majority of the day.
Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Ability to use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
Ability to move about campus to distribute items.
Job Title: Inserter Room Specialist
Job ID: 11624
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.