Premera Blue Cross Lead Consultant (Experience Strategy) in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As the* Innovation Lead Consultant (Experience Strategy)* you will drive the design strategy for enterprise-wide innovative products and services for Premera. You will collaborate closely with business executives, external clients and customers to understand (latent) needs, business strategy and innovation opportunities. The position will engage in customer research, insight synthesis, creation of customer journeys, facilitation of design sprints, and general application of design strategy methodologies.The Innovation Lead Consultant (Experience Strategy) must understand design thinking processes, have strong experience translating customer research into insights and product concepts, and be able to work in a fast, fun and agile work environment.
What you’ll do
- Consult and work with Innovators and executive management to identify key market problems and opportunities, drive customer and partner research/outreach, support discovery and ideation processes, identify business requirements and develop innovative product and services offerings for Premera and its healthcare ecosystem.
- Support Premera’s Test Kitchen initiatives by collaborating across innovation disciplines and company divisions.
- Perform independent analyses and develop design strategy for a broad array of complex issues, across disciplines and functional areas.
- Support design strategy needs of the innovation team, from discrete design sprints to full production deployment of innovation initiatives, when warranted.
- Provide corporate leadership for innovation projects and programs.
- Take calculated risks, pilot initiatives, iterate and continues or shuts down initiatives, as appropriate.
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor's degree in design, healthcare, or innovation or related field or four (4) years’ work experience. A Master’s degree in design strategy, health care management or related field is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience managing fast-moving & innovative initiatives with inter-related Systems, Process and Business requirements. Strong leadership qualities. A demonstrated ability to effectively lead design across large, multi-departmental teams to successful achievement of corporate goals.
- Four (4) years of design strategy experience, with an understanding of the health care industry, including factors influencing industry participants is preferred.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Lead Consultant (Experience Strategy)
Job ID: 11498
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.