Premera Blue Cross Senior Developer - MDM in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer-focused, team-oriented Senior Developer II to join our IT Applicationsorganization to work on Premera’s Master Data Management (MDM) team.
If you are motivated in solving technical challenges and making a difference for our customers, then come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Create, modify and maintain solutions using agile methodologies
- Provide design and technical consulting expertise for moderate to complex projects
- Collaborate with team members to create and own MDM solutions
- Analyze and resolve medium to large risk production problems
- Participate in on-call production support rotation, as needed
- Initiate a personal training plan, continue acquiring skills and knowledge, and become the best in your area
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or four (4) years’ equivalent work experience
- Six (6) years’ software development experience utilizing C#, .Net, SQL, TSQL
- Ability to create solutions that are decoupled, testable, and resilient to change
- Demonstrated ability to analyze medium to large, complex business needs, project requirements, and technical constraints to design, estimate, build, and execute automated solutions enabling business capability
- Demonstrable skill in SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Understanding of features and functions of application development languages and/or Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Customer-focused with demonstrated experience and ability to identify and assess root issues and resolve to customer's satisfaction
- Demonstrated passion for creativity, finding new business solutions
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Senior Developer - MDM
Job ID: 11506
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.