Premera Blue Cross Sr Business Analyst in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. So are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Senior Business Analyst,you will provide creative business solutions that will provide significant impact to the business. Through enterprise-wide cross-functional collaboration, you will elicit, document, and define business requirements while driving process development for highly complex projects and large scale initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Translate ambiguous business needs into solid business and functional requirements for highly complex projects or initiatives. This work with often have broad reaching impacts and/or introduce new capabilities to the organization.
- Effectively elicit information to create concise, organized Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) using standard, industry recognized tools and best practices. Manage requirements across the lifecycle of a project to ensure end user satisfaction, business stakeholder buy-in, and scope integrity.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to customers based upon an in depth analysis of requirements and future impacts. Anticipate next steps and drives to creatively solve for true business needs.
- Partner with all business units as needed to ensure successful implementation and ongoing business and support when appropriate. Apply critical thinking to evaluate cross functional dependencies, including upstream and downstream impacts.
- Create and drive detailed Use Cases, User Stories and other documents to illustrate business needs. Conduct research and interviews subject matter experts to create and drive "As-is" and "To-be" process flows.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance business analysis best practices and take initiative to suggest improvements. Create the traceability between requirements and scenarios to ensure business requirements are met. May investigate and research enhancements, working collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify options and provide business and / or technical solutions
- Provides guidance to others, giving feedback and coaching on business analysis methodology and best practices
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years’ work experience.
- Five (5) years of analytical experience in a business environment, including: Three (3) years' performing business analysis functions (gathering business requirements, documenting process/data flows, and performing gap analyses).
What we offer: Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Sr Business Analyst
Job ID: 11598
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.