Premera Blue Cross Sr Information Security Engineer - Identity Access Management in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Our Cybersecurity Engineering team is entering a new era, bringing cybersecurity into the 21st century. As a Sr. Information Security Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of informational security, focused on Identity and Access Management. This includes responsibilities such as daily triage, following and enhancing standard operating procedures, security assessment and implementation for new services and technologies at an enterprise scale.
What you’ll do:
- Engineer and build enterprise solutions to lay the groundwork for continued maturity in the cybersecurity space
- Participate in architectural reviews and break down the vision to technologies and services needed for protecting customer data and enabling internal and external users to do their work more accurately and efficiently
- Evaluate any proposed technology solution for adherence to documented company standards, policies, and regulatory responsibilities
- Work across IT and the business to understand the coming needs for the users so solutions can be developed proactively
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or 4 years’ related work experience
- 8 years’ experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting networked computer systems, including:
- System integration, hardware requirements, network design, secure network and systems architecture, access controls design and implementation and security policy and standards development
- 4 years’ experience with secure network and systems architecture, design and implementation, intrusion detection, defense and incident response, security configuration management, access controls design and implementation and security policy and standards development.
- Current certification in Cybersecurity or ability to obtain certification
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and propose new solutions
- Ability to analyze potential impacts to processes and systems across organization when developing solutions
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills
- Ability to look across the enterprise and across technologies to align ownership and drive efficiency
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Sr Information Security Engineer - Identity Access Management
Job ID: 11619
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.