Premera Blue Cross Strategic Program Director - COO Liaison in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. So are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Strategic Programs Director- COO Liaison, you will act as the key liaison between functional leaders and their teams and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Premera’s Senior Leadership Team. The COO Liaison works directly with leaders to identify, measure, and actively manage key outputs to proactively recognize, address and resolve business issues on a cross-functional basis. In this role, you will drive interdepartmental coordination to achieve Premera's strategic direction and maximize earnings. The Director supports Premera’s leadership team as an engaged and effective problem solver, while simplifying processes to enable innovation and growth.
As a key member of the COO leadership team, you will work closely with the executive team, providing leadership in the development and implementation of systems, programs and processes that improve the overall operation and performance of the organization. The position requires a strategic business and systems thinker with strong executive presence, who is able to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and leverage data-driven processes to manage core operations functions.
- Simplify Premera processes to enable innovation and growth, utilizing agile principles to drive incremental change and by creating a continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaborate with all levels of company management to identify key business issues, determine root cause, outline strategic alternatives, build consensus and recommend action plans around core operations or strategic initiatives.
- Synthesize data and provide analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas. Partner with the Data and Analytics team, ensuring that ongoing reporting and analytics meet organizational needs.
- In partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Leadership, ensure full strategic alignment of business-level efforts with corporate strategy and executive direction.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or four (4) years’ work experience.
- Ten (10) years’ experience, including five (5) years of management level experience with responsibility for strategic planning, financial planning or business development.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience applying LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Knowledge of the health care delivery system and health insurance.
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and data models, and/or designing strategic metrics and dashboards.
What we offer: Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Strategic Program Director - COO Liaison
Job ID: 11599
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.