Premera Blue Cross Management Analyst in Spokane, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Are you a self-proclaimed data junkie? As a Management Analyst for Premera’s Operations division, you will contribute to the success of our purpose by collecting and analyzing data, enabling leadership to make informed data-driven decisions by supporting our effort towards implementing a call reduction program for our customers. Additionally you will conduct gap analysis for the program and work together with the business to help implement changes to those gaps.
What you’ll do:
- Gathers and organizes required/requested information and/or projects
- Analyzes assembled information to define problems and development areas
- Resolves moderately complex problems based on business knowledge using general guidelines and research techniques
- Creates, updates, verifies, and continually enhances assigned various databases
- Assists in the analysis of error trends and root causes and proactively offer recommendations for improvement as needed
- Creates and maintains mathematical/statistical models
- Responds to any inquiries about information collected
- Performs process analysis activities and produces related deliverables (information models; process models)
- Assists in the creation of analyses and models in order to quantitatively define collected information including financial modeling of information
- Provides ongoing information tracking support
- Creates reports, presentations, and information queries as needed
- Prepare and present data and gaps to management
- Documents department/project process procedures as necessary
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or 4 years' work experience required
- Required three years’ work experience
- Two years of mathematical/statistical modeling experience
- Knowledge/Experience in writing SQL queries and SQL Server administration preferred
- Understanding and experience with Tableau and Python preferred
- Experience working within a healthcare environment preferred
- Knowledge/Experience with a reporting or query programming language, relational databases, and /or related software packages; demonstrated ability to learn other computer languages and /or software systems; knowledge of data management; good writing skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access as well as other PC applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in various stages of completion.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet timelines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong motivation to learn, willingness to be a team player yet operate independently as required.
What we offer:
- Medical, vision and dental options
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (Yes! This includes a pension!)
- Workplace wellness programs
- Time off to reenergize
- Free parking
- And MORE!
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Management Analyst
Job ID: 11595
Location: Spokane or Mountlake Terrace
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.